Aug 1, 2023

A Message of Love from Heaven

A Message of Love from Heaven

By Andrea Tadpole-Broussard 

8/1/23

This week has been hell. I rushed from Tulsa to Kansas City to be there for my granddaughter, who is having twins and due in February. She has HG aka massively bad, never-ending morning sickness, and was in the hospital. 

The drive from Tulsa to Kansas City is 4 hours. The other night, I threw everything together and rushed out the door. I was exhausted and had planned to rest all evening. But, when one of my family is in trouble, everything goes to the wayside, and I am there for them. About half way there, I saw storm clouds ahead. I called my son, and he said it looked like the storm was heading right toward me. I had just survived a tornado recently, so it threw me into a panic.

The wind and rain started. I began to pray that God would put Holy Ghost bubble wrap around me and my car and protect me. Silly, I know, but when I am scared, I just pray and do not worry about how I sound. I remembered that everyone in this Facebook group called Gratitude Slam and other online friends were praying for my granddaughter, her babies, and my safe travels. 

All of a sudden, it was as if the storms were all around me, but they did not touch me. It was the eeriest, almost Holy kind of calm I have ever experienced this side of Heaven, as if I was in the eye of the storm. I slowed my breathing and switched my focus like Michael, the leader of Gratitude Slam, has taught us. The whole way to Kansas City, the storm never touched me, not even a rain drop.

My granddaughter had gone to one ER, and they sent her to another. Then she got admitted to that hospital. They conveniently forgot to tell us that her OB doctor did not have the privileges to practice there. The admitting doctor refused to transfer her. They never ordered an ultrasound or did anything to check on the babies. They wasted 2 days with us and discharged her even though she was still sick! We ended up at the correct hospital tonight, and they admitted her a few hours ago. 

Now I will get to the point of all this. The ER doctor at this new hospital immediately ordered an ultrasound. I figured they would do it tomorrow. Next thing you know, the ultrasound tech is in the room. I unexpectedly got to see my 2 great-grandbabies!! I stood there with their grandma, my daughter, on a video call watching from New Jersey. Tears of joy rolled down my face. All of a sudden, the storms I had gone through did not matter. The stressful work week fell to the side. The only thing that mattered was these few Holy moments seeing my great-grandbabies on screen, safe and secure in their mother's womb.

My granddaughter's boyfriend and father to these little ones was with us and took pictures of the ultrasound. One of them was the one with this post. It looks to me like they are surrounded by a heart! I know this was my Daddy, who was a twin himself, sending us a sign from Heaven that he, God and all of Heaven are right there surrounding Destiny and these tiny ones with their never ending love and protection.

While sitting there with my granddaughter waiting to get moved to her room, I remembered all the storms I have gone through in life. Many of them never touched me. Sometimes, the very thing we are called to do is the scariest, and it looks like storms are heading right toward us. If we let the fear of the storms around us paralyze us, we will miss the most beautiful, unexpected, Holy moments that God has in store for us just a little ways up the road.

Tonight, I am so grateful for God's love. I am grateful for friends that I have never meant who love me enough to pray for me, Destiny, and the little ones she is carrying. Most of all, I am grateful for the message from my Daddy that reminds me that my beautiful granddaughter and twin great-grandbabies are surrounded by love. ❤️❤️❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment