Aug 18, 2023

Grief Is a Fickle Mistress

Grief Is a Fickle Mistress

By Andrea Tadpole-Broussard

8/18/23

Grief is a
Fickle mistress
One minute
I think I am free
The next
She blind sides me
Grabs my throat
Its hard to breath
Slams my heart
To the ground
I fall apart
A tunsmi of tears
Overtake me
And I cannot see

Memories flood
My mind of
All the time
All the years
We spent together
Just trying
To swim
When one
Would tire
The other
Was there
Like a life vest
To keep our heads
Above the water
So we could
Find rest
And live to fight
Another day

I know you are here
Right by my side
I see you
In the twinkle of
Our grandkids eyes
In the smiles of
My children
In the laughter of
My friends

Yet my heart
Still aches
With throbbing pain
So deep
And the tears
Oh the tears
They never cease
Will I ever
Find relief

I know I must not
Disconnect
I need to stay
Present
And feel
So I can heal
And find peace

Yet the tears
Keep rolling
Because I lost
My very beginning
My best friend
Oh please tell me
When will this
Nightmare end

I have no clue
How to thrive
Or move forward
All I know
Is how to
Survive
Please Lord tell me
What to do

I am working hard
To come back
To myself
To find peace
In the midst of this hell
I have got to
Find relief
I am grasping at
Keys
Trying every door
In hopes
That one will open
And soothe
My aching soul

So I will
Keep trudging
The path
Set before me
Try to remember
The wisdom
You gave me
God and family first
Love above all else

Your body is gone
And oh how miss you
Yet I know
Your spirit
Your essence
And love
Will always
Be with me
Till we meet again

I love you Daddy 💜😢💖🐸

No comments:

Post a Comment