Jul 9, 2023

New Connections

This is something I wrote about a new online group I joined recently called Gratitude Slam.

New Connections

By Andrea Tadpole-Broussard 

7/9/23

Ok, this is totally disconnected from any questions posed in here recently or maybe it is, I do not know because I just came up for air today. Here goes:

I have been a recluse and hid in my grief from my father dying for many months now. When he died it brought out the ugly big time in my family and I had to cut ties with some people I love deeply in order to protect my own heart. I not only lost my Dad, I lost several family members due to hatefulness and greed on their part. Grieving all this loss took me down hard for awhile. 

I believe in manifestation and the power of positive and negative thinking. I heard someone say years ago, "If you do not like what life is throwing at you, change your thinking." I never forgot it. It might take me a while to recognize and change my thinking but I eventually do.

So, I took a chance and joined this group a few weeks ago. I had no idea what a massive impact this would have on me or the beautiful doors it would open. I have been so lonely. I have barely dipped my toe in the refreshing waters of this group, taken tiny steps and to me made minor changes. Yet, God, now that I invited Him in to the problems I have, has blessed me once again. I do not know why I am always surprised when He does! Believe me, I know I do not deserve it. It is all from His tender loving grace and mercy. 

One thing has led to another and by what some people would call coincidences (not me), God has brought angels in human form into my life. It is as if we were divinely appointed to be in eachother's lives at this specific time and place. God's love continues to blow my mind! So, tonight, I need to express to God and everyone how very grateful I am for new connections in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment