May 14, 2023

Stay Off the Train

Stay Off the Train

By Andrea Tadpole-Broussard

5/14/23

My Daddy had this picture hanging in his bedroom for as long as I can remember. I always thought it was funny and it is. However, it pretty much sums up my life. I have it hanging on the door for me to see when I go in and out. It reminds to take care of myself FIRST, not last; stay off the train and let it fly on by. Only then, do I find peace.

I woke up missing my Daddy something fierce today! The knot in my throat and ache in my heart is back. I bawled my eyes out again. Sometimes I just need to do that. On my way out the door there was a penny and a quarter at my feet. I know he is trying tell me he is here and I will be okay. But, right now I miss my Daddy.

So, I am going to spend some time today getting back to working on his quilt of valor. I have not touched it since I got back from my daughter's place. That is when I feel his presence the most. I hear you Daddy...take care of myself and stay off the train!

I love you Daddy ❤️❤️❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment