May 19, 2023

Iam Tongi and Grief

Iam Tongi and Grief

By Andrea Tadpole-Broussard 

5/19/23

I worked till 11pm last night, roughly 16 hours. I went to sleep at 2am and was jolted awake at 4:30am from crying in my sleep. I miss my Daddy so bad. There are not enough words to explain the sadness I feel, there is only tears. I picked my phone up and went scrolling through Facebook and ended up on YouTube watching Iam Tongi at his homecoming. 

This beautiful young man has touched the very heart of our grieving nation. Well at least he has touched mine. It seems like everyone is rushing through life pretending the pandemic never happened. Yet, it did happen. I lost many friends over the past few years. Worst of all, I lost my Daddy. I do not know if the lump in my throat will ever go away or if  my heart will ever stop aching.

Somehow this young man's singing reaches through the sound waves and soothes my broken heart. Maybe it's because we both understand the journey of grief we are on. It is one none of us wanted to take, yet here we are. Thank you Iam Tongi for giving me the gift of your music. #iamtongi #TeamTongi

Check out I'll Be Seeing You by Iam Tongi on Amazon Music
https://music.amazon.com/albums/B0C59ZYZX7?trackAsin=B0C5BCSD3W&ref=dm_sh_jj2DLQ1LqFF7tCgPCGWRlZ8zD 

No comments:

Post a Comment