May 28, 2023

My Near Death Experience

My Near Death Experience

By Andrea Tadpole-Broussard

5/28/23

I wrote this in response to a post from a friend. I wanted to keep it for my klds so i am posting it here.

Many years ago I had a near death experience. When it happened I was not in my body, I was in the presence of God. I felt so completely free, like nothing I had ever experienced before or since. When God told me I had to go back I honestly did not want to. God showed me my children and others that I had to help. He told me I still had work to do here. I knew He was right. When I came back into my body it felt so heavy! EVERYTHING in this world felt heavy. 

There are days that all I can feel is the heaviness of life on this side. It is hard to keep going some days. Yet, the one thing I know for certain is that God is in control of the number of my days here, not me. So, while I am here I need to do my best to focus on Him. I have my bad days but they do not last as long anymore.

Grieving the loss of loved ones makes it even harder. When my dad died, the last thing I told him was it was okay to go "home", that I would take care of my stepmom and he did not have to worry. He knew what I meant. He gazed into my eyes, squeezed my hand and took his last breath. 

It might sound crazy, but I deeply miss "home". Do not take me wrong, I am not suicidal. I just miss "home". Yet, I know it is not my time yet. I still have work to do. I do my best to keep my focus on God one day at a time.

So, keep your focus on God. If you do not already, pray unceasingly and live one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment