Nov 20, 2022

Gratitude Day 20

Gratitude Day 20

My Little Christmas Tree and Family

By Andrea Tadpole-Broussard 

11/20/22

Hell froze over today...I put up a little Christmas tree this year! Last year was a nightmare with my Dad sick, by Christmas it was not looking good for him and I did not celebrate it or put up a tree at all. This Christmas I am trying to have something positive for myself and my little family. That is how my Dad would want it.

YES...it might be a little early to put it up. Snarky comments have already been made. I DO NOT CARE what the "normal" protocol is. It was all I could do to put it up because of the never ending ache in my heart. Too early? Too bad, do not bother looking at it or commenting on it then.

Me? I am going to enjoy looking at it a little longer this year and remember the good times with my loved ones who have passed on, especially my Daddy. I am going to focus on my little family, especially a soon-to-be 4 year old boy who has me wrapped around his little finger! Christmas is about love and love NEVER dies.

I sure am grateful for the fact that God has carried my little family through a very hard and sad year. Yes, we have loved, lost, laughed and cried. Yet, the bond of us who are still here in this crazy world is stronger than ever. I love my little family more than ever now and try to show it the best I can every day. You never know when today might be the last day you get to hold their hand. So, hold their hand a little longer, hug them harder and enjoy their presence while you still can.

No comments:

Post a Comment