Nov 13, 2022

Gratitude Day 13

Gratitude Day 13

By Andrea Tadpole-Broussard 

I rarely get excited, but I am tonight! I took a break from my working on my dad's blanket of valor to work on my grandson's quilt. He will be 4 on December 12th. I was worried I would not get my Dad's done in time to get my little guy's done too. A couple of weeks ago I was thinking about it and I swear I heard my Dad say out loud, "Andi, you stop working on mine and get my great grandson's quilt done! I want him to have it for his birthday." I have been working on it since. I have been cutting squares like crazy. Still had not figured out how exactly to put it together, much less actually quilt a square. So, today I said a prayer and started searching more on YouTube. I stumbled on a video that totally made sense. It took me all afternoon to get my first square quilted but now I am on a roll. I cannot wait to see the final product! My stepmom Linda told me today that the quilt was talking to me and to listen to it. It would tell me what it needs. You know? I think she is right! Today, I am so grateful God has given me a creative and imaginative mind. This might not Iook like much but to me it means the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment