Dec 25, 2010

What I Want for Christmas

by Andrea Tadpole

For too long
You’ve isolated
Locked me away
In the dark

Left with sorrow
And devastation
I grieve for what we’ve lost

What I want for Christmas
Cannot be bought
Only you can give

Your open heart
With Love’s pure light
Willing to let me in
And hold me close again

How I long
To see your smile
Hear your laugh
And dance with you ‘round the house

I hunger for your sweet caress
To taste your kiss
To feel our bodies
Join as one
As we fall together
In euphoric love and passion
To truly unite again

I long to hear
Your sweet words
I love you
You’re the one
My baby
My woman
By my side you’ll always be
And maybe someday my wife

But your silence
Is so loud
Its deafening
To my already broken ears

I am powerless to change things
Only you hold the key to your heart
You must be willing
To forgive
Start over
Love me again
And renew the fire within

For what it’s worth
I love you - Forever
You're my best friend
Just wish you’d let me back in

Till then
I'm left all alone
Waiting and watching
For some little sign or crumb
A ray of hope
For the Christmas present
That only you can give

No comments:

Post a Comment