Dec 19, 2010

I Hate Watching Romantic Movies

by Andrea Tadpole

I hate watching romantic movies
They remind me of what I long for
Of what we use to have
That was lost long ago

The absence of passion
The ache within my heart
My yearn for reconnection
Your refusal to forgive
Be open and love once again

Yet here I sit all alone
Night after night
Day after endless day
Holding my breath
Waiting and watching
For any sign from you
Praying that you will let go
Of the resentment that consumes you
Like Berlin's wall
It separates us
Hoping you will start anew with me
To rekindle the fire that was once between us
And refuel the embers of love that still dimly glow

I long for your warm embrace
A tender kiss
A wink or smile
A gentle touch

But I am left with nothing
Your silence is deafening
Your stillness crushes me

Yet here I sit all alone
Night after night
Day after endless day
Paralyzed by the pain Thoughts of losing you create
Sent from my U.S. Cellular BlackBerry® smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment