Dec 8, 2010

My Little Kaylee Bug

by Andrea Tadpole

One day when I was adrift
Angels brought me
A beautiful gift

With dark hair
Bright eyes
And a shining smile
You toddled right into my life
And brought me joy from above

At first I approached you with hesitation
Because I already loved you so
And I was afraid you'd have to go

I withheld my affection for a time
And waited on the sidelines
While I watched you grow

Then on that first Gotcha Day
When you became ours for good
I could finally show the love
I had hidden in my heart so long

For you see
You've always been my granddaughter
From the moment our eyes first met
But on our Gotcha Day
You were mine forever
And I knew you'd never go away
No, never

I know God brought you
From heaven above
With your bubbly smile
And your big heart of love

So, when life is no longer amusing
When you feel sad and blue
When the road before you is confusing
And you haven't got a clue what to do

Hold on tight to Jesus
He'll always see you through

But most of all remember
Your GeGe is looking out for you

So today here I am
It's your 8th birthday
And we're celebrating your life

Happy Birthday
My Little Kaylee Bug

I love you forever
For I'm your GeGe
Don't you see

No comments:

Post a Comment