Dec 8, 2010

Ocean View

by Andrea Tadpole

If I could I'd build you
A mansion with an ocean view
And we'd have nothing to do
But walk on the beach
Gather shells
Have fun
And play in the sun

Time would be suspended
We'd have nowhere to run
Everything would be beautiful
Peaceful and true
There would be no sorrow
And no pain for you

And yet I understand
That there's a greater plan
Life isn't always perfect
There's not always an ocean view

So instead of playing in a fantasy world
I know what I'm to do
Teach you to live
In the real world
While keeping your heart pure

Just don't forget the view
The ocean
The shells
The joy and peace
That swells within your heart
When you stop for a moment

God's creation is beautiful
And yet we cannot see
Sometimes the forest
Because of all the trees

Life throws us curve balls
That crush our hearts
And make us think
There is no living
There is no art
When those times come

Remember that I’m with you
Walking every step
Along life's path
I’m with you in spirit
No matter where I am

See, I know love knows no bounds
I know that one doesn't have to be around
To feel them in my heart
And see them in my mind

Years from now
When my days are through
Do not fret

Take time once in a while
To go to the ocean
And enjoy the view
Think of me
And the shells that we gathered

For it is in the breeze
In the peace and quiet
That you'll find me

Remember all we did together
When I was here with you
Whether watching TV
Creating art or playing
Remember the joys
And the tears too

Don't forget to say
I love you to your children
Every night before you go to bed
The last thing you want
Swimming in their head
Is that their family loves them
Through the thick and thin
It’s true

If I go before you
And it's quite likely that I will
Just know that I'm in heaven
Waiting patiently on you

When you’re old and gray
And your time on earth is through
Come meet me in our mansion
We'll gather shells
And enjoy the ocean view

No comments:

Post a Comment