Oct 30, 2022

Heaven Sent Me This Cat

Heaven Sent Me This Cat

By Andrea Tadpole-Broussard 

10/30/22

The longest term relationship I have had in my life other my parents and kids is this old cat. His name is Sebastian. I think he is 15 this year. My granddaughter Destiny batted her beautiful brown eyes at me all those years ago and begged me to adopt him. I did not want another cat after my last one died, but she talked me into getting him. We picked him because he pressed his little face against the window as if to say, "Pick me! Please get me out of here!!!"

The first few years Sebastian and I were archenemies in a lot of ways. He liked to scratch up important things of mine in revenge for who knows what. Then, I found myself heartbroken and alone and he loved me through it. I did not realize how close we were until I had brain surgery in December 2020. When I got home from the hospital I was indescribably weak and exhausted. The exhaustion was a nasty side effect of having my brain put back in my skull where it belonged. It still lingers at times today.

The minute I walked through the door at home and collapsed into my recliner Sebastian jumped up in my lap. He stayed by my side 24/7 for the 6 months it took me to get back to some kind of normalcy. I truly believe he loved back to health quicker than any other medicine I was on.

There are times still today that he will demand for me to sit down and let him on my lap. I am then required to scratch his head for however long he sees fit. I tend to push myself too hard and I think he knows it. He forces me to stop, take a break and relax. I know Heaven sent this beautiful creature to me all those years ago because God knew I would him way more than he ever needed me!

I love you my beautiful Sebastian!! ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment