Oct 19, 2022

God's Protection and My Car

God's Protection and My Car

10/19/22

By Andrea Tadpole-Broussard

I had something happen that reminds me of God's protection on our lives. Even when we do not realize it He is always working, often in the background, to keep us from harm. Last week, I spent a few days negotiating online with a local dealership to possibly trade in my car for a new one. My car was a mess inside and I knew I needed to clean it out. I had been putting it off for a long time, almost a year. I was busy taking care of my mom and dad. Then my dad died. The last thing on my mind was cleaning my car.

One evening last week I pushed myself to get my car all nice and clean inside. It almost looks brand new now. I also went through all the papers and electronic stuff I keep in my car. I got rid of most of it and what was left fit nicely in my glove box. There was nothing in the center console under the tray. The whole time I was cleaning my car I was thinking why is this so important? My car is still fairly new so why am I even trying to trade it?

Short story long, the deal for the new car fell through. The dealership was playing too many games and I walked away from it. As I was leaving the dealership I figured all was not lost. At least it pushed me to clean out my car. So, I went on with life.

Last night we went to my stepmom's for a few to help her out. I am a stickler about always locking my car. I thought I locked it when we got home. This morning I went out to get groceries from the delivery guy and noticed as I walked by my car that the center console was open and all the change and small items that were in the tray were in the passenger seat. It was obvious someone pilfered through my car last night. I went through my car and nothing was missing!

As I was walking back in the house I almost heard God's voice out loud say, "See Andrea? That is why you had to clean your car out last week. I knew this would happen and I was working even then to protect you today." All I can say is, "WOW!" Here I am this pessimistic, Doubting Thomas inside. I get up every day and poke my finger in the Lord's side just to make sure He's still here. He lets me do it because He loves me unconditionally and understands that I am not this person of strong, amazing faith. I do pretty much everything afraid, as if I am jumping off a cliff and hoping God catches me. He always does in spite of my insecurities.

This may seem trivial and silly to some people but not to me! Today, once again, I am reminded of the awesome love and power of my Creator and Abba Father. He cares so much for me that He even plans in advance to protect me from things that could harm me in the future. I am forever awed, humbled and grateful for the love my Savior God has for me. Amazing grace how sweet the sound...❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment