Nov 13, 2020

You Are Not Alone

Wrote this for a friend who is having a hard time. Figured I'd post it here in hopes it will help someone else...

You Are Not Alone 

By Andrea Tadpole-Broussard

I'm right there with you. Life is hard. 2020 has been hell on earth. COVID has everyone running in circles. We don't know from one day to the next if they are going to shut everything down again. Should we run and stock up on toilet paper again or what? The news reports say people are dying by the thousands. Yet, we still gotta get up and go to work, pay bills, buy food, and if you have school aged kids figure out how to keep their education going. Cars break down, family members get sick, etc. It goes on and on.

During the worst of the pandemic and shutdown I drove for Lyft 12 hours a day to make ends meet. God protected me and I did not get COVID. I was in a car wreck in June and people lied and I got the ticket. It was my brand new car too! I look back and right when I needed it God blessed me with a direct full time job in July. Then, I was forced to move. That wasn't in my plan but God blessed me with a decent home in a quiet neighborhood. Right before I moved my beloved service dog Reggie died. That broke my heart. Just as I was getting unpacked I fell and fractured my leg. Went to the doctor for that and also found out that as a result of the car wreck I have a cerebral spinal fluid leak. I was told no weight bearing and stay down as much as possible till they can get referrals and appointments for my brain problem. Oh, and I forgot to mention the job I got was remote at home...another blessing! So, I have spent the bulk of my time in my recliner working.

Do I have moments where I freak out and have bitch sessions with God about how I can't take anymore? Oh hell yeah! I'm human and I'm certain I'm a direct decendant of Doubting Thomas. I get up every day and ask Jesus to let me stick my finger in His side to make sure He's real. He always pulls His shirt up, smiles and tells me to go ahead. He understands how insecure I am inside and loves me anyway...how sweet His amazing grace is!!

I'm telling you all this to let you know...YOU ARE NOT ALONE. We are all out here in this crazy world struggling to get by and keep hope alive. The most terrifying feeling I had when everything shut down was realizing if my children and grandchildren asked me what do I would have to tell them that I don't know. So, I got quiet and heard the Lord say, "Tell them to pray and do the next right thing." I have since told them that and we are all making it through day by day.

I remember a time over 20 years ago when I was at work in panic inside over my 15 year old daughter being pregnant. I was scared and had no clue what to do. A random meeting at coffee pot sent an angel you know as your momma into my life. She saw me fighting back tears and pulled me into a break room and told me about you and the church you guys went to. You know the rest of the story. And look how awesome those 2 babies and their teen mommas turned out! You are all very beautiful inside and out.

God has continually carried us all through all kinds of stuff. I know you're tired and it feels like your boat is slamming all over the ocean. But, you know who is fixing to wake up a calm the storm. Pray harder than you ever have in your life. I know I am. Keep your eyes on Jesus. He will make a way. I am not just saying it when I say I'm praying for you. I am and my prayers avail much.

I'll get off my soapbox now. Be still and know my friend! ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ™

No comments:

Post a Comment