Nov 2, 2019

Gratitude 11/2/19

Gratitude 11/2/19

Today I got to spend part of the day with my two oldest granddaughters Destiny and Kaylee. Destiny is 19 and Kaylee will be 17 soon. Oh my goodness! Thinking about how fast time has flown with them blows my mind!! They are both so amazing to me and I feel blessed to be chosen to be their grandmother. I am very grateful for days like today with them.

Each of these two young women hold a very special and sacred place in my heart. They are both learning to maneuver through this crazy life and trying to find their own paths. I pray for them every day that God holds them in His hands, protects them and guides them even when I'm long gone. I pray for them just like my grandma always prayed for me. ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ™

I hope they remember to take care of themselves FIRST and not settle for someone unless they treat them like the beautiful queens they are. Life is too short to spend it with people who don't add value their lives. My grandma use to tell me, "Andi, don't waste time settling for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich when God has a steak around the corner." I didn't listen and I have the battle scars to prove it. I hope they don't get as many scars as I did!

My grandma was always there to dust me off and pick up the pieces. She taught me so much. Many of things I'm just now beginning to understand. I will always be there for these two beautiful young ladies and hope I can impart the wisdom to them that my grandma gave me.

I love you Destiny and Kaylee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment