Jul 3, 2016

Today 7/3/16

Today 7/3/16

Over the past few months several people I know have lost loved ones. Two of them were women whose husbands died unexpectedly. Today, I found out that my next door neighbor's husband dropped dead yesterday playing basketball, from most likely a heart attack.

These couples are close in age to me and Andre. This wasn't supposed to happen, yet it did. I have watched two of these women walk day-by-day through grief. They have shown such grace in such devastating times.

With this going on around me it reminds me to cherish my family and friends even more. I'm so blessed with the people I have in my life. My son and his wife, my daughter, my grandchildren, my parents and the few people I call friends mean the world to me.

Then there is my husband Andre who walks through life with me every day. He is my rock and the greatest joy of my life. I could not imagine life without him. He wrote in his wedding vows to me: "I am not promised tomorrow, but thank God I have you today."  Those words ring loud and clear to me tonight.

Make sure and take the time to show the ones you love how much you care. You never know when you won't have the chance again.

RIP Jim Conley :'(

No comments:

Post a Comment