Jun 11, 2022

4 Months

4 Months

By Andrea Tadpole-Broussard 

Written 6/11/22 for my Father

4 Months
17 Weeks
121 Days
2,904 Hours
174,240 Minutes
10,454,400 Seconds
Since you left and 
Went home to God

The longer you are gone
The deeper the ache
In my heart
Some days
It hurts to breathe 

Time doesn't heal
All wounds
It often makes them
Worse
At least it's that way
For me

I fight every day
To get up
Keep going
No matter the pain
I feel

I keep watching
For signs 
That you are near
That you hear
When I cry
Yet I find none

If I could only see
I know you're there
I just have to be quiet
And watch

4 months feels
Like a lifetime away
I long for you
I miss you so

Yet I know
You're only 
A breath away
So close 
But alas
So far

I know I must
Be still
Trust God
Pray
And hold on
To the hope 
That we will
Meet again
Some day
On God's 
Celestial shore


I love you Daddy,
Andi ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment