Jun 19, 2011

Destiny's Shoes

by Andrea Tadpole

I wrote this note to my 11 year old granddaughter Destiny. She has a hard time finding pretty, girly shoes for her age. Unfortunately, she inherited a disorder from me that makes her toes look different from most peoples. She is embarassed and teased about her feet all the time. We went and bought some shoes one day and she got teased about them so I sent her this note:

Do not let anyone make you feel bad about your shoes or feet. When people make fun or say something bad about a person's differences it just shows how stupid and mean they really are. You are beautiful. What your feet look like or what shoes you wear don't make you who you are. Who you are is what is in your heart. You have a beautiful heart and I love you very much. So wear your shoes proudly with your head held high.

No comments:

Post a Comment